Channel relay Swim for charity

Hi chaps,
after training all spring/ summer and then waiting around for all of September to get a call to the boat for the swim we finally did it yesterday. WOOHOO. Team of six of us (only half were sea-sick) with our thin costumes braved the dark, the waves, cold, and worst of all the french current that played around with us for the last three hours of our 16:16 hour crossing. It was just getting dark when I pulled on my soggy costume for the third time, pinned my glow sticks on and headed off towards the rocks. Twenty minutes later I stood on the rocks at Cap Gris Nez, and it was all over.

If people would like to sponsor me I’d really appreciate it… it’s for v worthwhile cause that we seem to be hearing about more and more on the news- mental health is not being looked after, and being researched even less- so I’m supporting research into eating disorders, partly inspired (?) bu my 24 year old niece who is in her seventh year of anorexia and the half-life she’s left with- and no-one really knows how to treat it…
Charity link… http://www.charitychoice.co.uk/fundraiser/mariannepettifer/channel-swim-relay-team

This content is for members only. Please log in or register.