Beginners freebording on Thursday 22nd Sept

Freebording is similar to longboarding but with a board that is designed to slide and slow down like a snowboard. The up ramp to the Amex stadium, just over the rail bridge is a perfect area to learn how to do it and we have 2 spare boards so you can try before you buy.

Getting there

Lots of ways to get to Falmer, train, bus, cycle.. If driving you can use the University car park which is on the other side of the A27. First left as you enter. Not in the Amex car park!

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/opp+Sport+Centre/@50.8636414,-0.091325,17.83z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x487588b4e2ffc6a5:0x606e2cc1e7fa5055!8m2!3d50.8636441!4d-0.0897682

I’ll be driving 6ish if you want a lift I’ll be outside Waitrose on Western Road.

What to wear

As a minimum to get on a board you will need a helmet even though the Amex slope is very shallow. I would recommend you bring some old gloves too and wrist guards if you have them and if you’re a snowboarder any body armour you have and wear some clothes that could be scuffed. I do have spares of most of this stuff so we should be covered. Shoes without a massive heal are probably a good idea too.

More info

This content is for members only. Please log in or register.