Membership of the Brighton Explorers Club (BEC) is conditional on you reading and agreeing to the below statements:
• I am over 18 years of age and I realise that whilst BEC activities are potentially hazardous and BEC will endeavour to take all reasonable precautions, BEC and its members can not be held responsible for any accident, however caused. I have read the club safety guidelines (click here) and accept responsibility for adhering to them.
• I understand that, due to the nature of BEC’s outdoor activities and its organisation, BEC is unable to include and support those defined as Vulnerable Adults (Department of Health “No Secrets” guidance HSC 2000/007) and I confirm that I am not considered a Vulnerable Adult by any authority.
• I will inform the leader of any BEC activities of any relevant medical conditions that may affect my ability to participate in any activities.
• I will only use club equipment if I am competent and it is safe for me to do so. I understand that BEC’s equipment is not insured against loss or damage and I will accept the committee’s decision about my contribution to repair or replace any equipment I borrow
• I accept that my personal details will be stored on computer for use by the Committee in the running of the club; they will NOT be passed on to any other groups or companies without my consent. I may see my details on the Members’ Only website or on request having given reasonable notice to the Committee.
• Formal BEC notices (e.g. advice of the AGM) will be distributed by email to the email address you have given.
• I understand that BEC recommends that members takes out their own Personal Accident Insurance.
If you have any questions please contact us immediately and we’ll answer them as quickly as we can.